Attribution of available institutional scholarships (CAPES, CNPq and UNICAMP) will be based solely on the classification rank of the Scholarship Exam (SE). This exam will focus on knowledge in the fields of Calculus and Linear Algebra and it'll be based on the contents of two text-books devoted to these areas. In order to request a scholarship from FAPESP the student must hace the acceptance of a thesis advisor who must forward the requet directly to FAPESP.
Standards and Rules for Scholarships
About the selection exam
- The scholarship exam will consist of a writen test containing questions about Linear Algebra and Advanced Calculus, whose program and recommended bibliography are published in the Graduate website.
- The exam shall be held in the second week of December.
- The Board of the SE shall be composed of, at least, two professors.
- The duration of the exam is 4 hours.
- The exams will be conducted without any consultation to personal notes or books.
- Each exam shall be evaluated and normalized in a scale ranging from 0 to 10.
- The results of the exam shall not be subject to review in case the student does not agree.
- The disclosure of contents, bibliographys and date of exam shall be made at least 2 months before the exam.
Requirements over the granting of scholarships
According to the art. 15 of DS - CAPES Regulation, it will be required from the Graduate student, in order to grant the scholarship:
- Integral dedication to activities of the Graduate program;
- Demonstrate satisfactory academic performance;
- When under an employment bond, be released from professional activities without receiving salaries;
- Perform teaching internship
- Be ranked in the selection exam specifically established by the IES
According to the art. 16 of the DS - CAPES Regulation the scholarship may be granted for a period of 12 months, and may be renewed for a period of up to 48 months for Ph.D. and 24 months for Master's Degree. In the determination of the scholarship duration for each student it shall also be considered any parcels previously received by the student from CAPES or any other institutions.
The Sub-Comission of Graduation keeps each renewal as early as the beginning of the firstsemester of each year, so if the student has received the scholarship for the duration of the school year, for the purpose of counting the time of grant, it shall prevail as a limit the student's time in the program, that is, 24 months for Master's Degree and 48 months for Ph.D..
The student who obtains a low performance in his program, shall have his scholarship automatically canceled by the Sub-Commision of Graduation. In case of failures in basic subjects, the student shall have his scholarship canceled and those who are still pleading for grants according to rank, may not enjoy the scholarship in this first year. It is always possible for any student to take on the SE again for the next year.
- Public Notice of the Students-Agreement Program of Graduation (PEC-PG)
- Manual of the Students-Agreement Program of Graduation (PEC-PG)
Members of the Scholarship Comission: