The São Paulo Schools of Advanced Science are events financially supported by FAPESP that are organized since 2010 (see here).
For many years the stochastics community has built powerful tools to deal with various kinds of SPDEs. However, since long it has been
a challenge to deal with SPDEs with a rough input noise that are not classically well posed. Such kind of equations often arise from the fluctuations
of particle systems and many times are universal in a certain sense. Some years ago with works of Hairer, and Imkeller, Gubinelli and Perkowski it sudently became feasible to analyse
singular SPDEs. Since then the area of singular SPDEs evolved into a new, exciting and fast moving area of research. Many problems that seemed out of reach are now solved or in sight.
This school is divided into two parts. In the first week there will be two introductory mini courses that lay the foundations for the courses of the second week. In the latter ones newly
developed theories and their latest developments will be taught. To round up the program there will be further invited talks, poster sessions and a visit to the LNLS laboratories, the
synchroton light laboratories at Campinas.
To be announced.
Here we list the courses
- Paulo Ruffino (Stochastic Calculus )
- Weijun Xu (Rough Paths)
- Lorenzo Sambotti
- Nicolas Perkowski (paracontrolled distributions)
- Giuseppe Cannizzaro
- Sandra Cerrai
- Renato Fontes
- Patrícia Gonçalves
- Claudio Landim
- Xue-Mei Li
- Constantino Tsallis
- Manuel Cabezas (PUC-Chile)
- Ajay Chandra (Imperial College)
- Konstantin Matetski (Columbia)
- Marielle Simon (Inria - Lille)
- Soledad Torres (Valparaíso)
- Dirk Erhard
- Tertuliano Franco
- Milton Jara
- Diego Sebastian Ledesma
- Adriana Neumann
- Alberto Ohashi
- Christian Olivera (coord.)
- Nancy Garcia
- Patricia Gonçalves
- Milton Jara
- Paulo Ruffino
- Maria Eulalia Vares
Campinas is a Brazilian municipality in São Paulo State. Is located about 100km from São Paulo city and host one of the most important public university of Brasil, the University of Campinas (UNICAMP). Unicamp is consistently ranked among the top universities in Brazil and Latin America and is responsible for around 15% of Brazilian research.
UNICAMP main campus is located in the Barão Geraldo district, a suburban area 12 kilometers from the center of Campinas. The Institute of Mathematics, Estatistic and Cientific Computation (IMECC) is inside unicamp and has a very good infra-structure.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of hotels. All of them have rooms with wi-fi, cable tv, and included breakfast.
CPV - Casa do Professor Visitante Unicamp
Matiz Barão Geraldo Hotel
Hotel Pousada Universitária
Pousada Flat da Lagoa
How to get to UNICAMP by bus.
From city center of Campinas to UNICAMP.
- 3.30 - (city bus) - Terminal Central to UNICAMP (itinerário). It works only on business days, from 5h:15 to 9h30 every 15 minutes.
- 3.32 - (city bus) - Bus Station of Campinas to UNICAMP (itinerário). Works daily from 5:30 am to 0:20 am , every 15 minutes (weekdays)
From city center of Campinas to Terminal Barão Geraldo .
- 3.31 - (city bus) - from Campinas Bus Station to Barão Geraldo Terminal ( itinerary). Works daily from 5:30 am to 0:20 am , every 15 minutes (weekdays).
- 3.33 - (city bus) - from Terminal Central to Terminal Barão Geraldo (itinerary). Works daily from 5:30 am to 0:20 am , every 15 minutes (weekdays).
from Terminal Barão Geraldo to UNICAMP.
- 3.29 - (city bus) - Terminal Barão Geraldo to UNICAMP (itinerary). Works daily from 5h to 23h:30, every 30 minutes (weekdays).
- 3.37 - (city bus) - Terminal Barão Geraldo to UNICAMP (itinerary). Works daily from 5h:40 to 23:15, every 20 minutos (weekdays).
- 3.32 - (city bus) - Terminal Barão Geraldo to UNICAMP (itinerary). Works daily from 5h:30 to 00h:20, every 15 minutos (weekdays).
How to get to UNICAMP from the airports
from Viracopos airport
- 193 - (city bus) - from Viracopos airport to Terminal Central of Campinas. (itinerary).
- 3.30 - (city bus) - from Terminal Central de Campinas to UNICAMP (itinerary).
From São Paulo Bus Station Tietê.
- VB Transportes (SAC: 19-3733-5000) -
intercity bus - From Tietê Bus Station to Campinas Bus Station
- 3.32 - (city bus) - From Campinas Bus Station à UNICAMP (itinerary).
How to Circulate at Unicamp Campus
Internal Circular Transport is a free service and is intended to facilitate the commuting of the university community within the campus perimeter.
The event was initially going to happen in 2020 but, due to the Covid 19 pandemic, it was rescheduled for 2021. Those people who signed up for the 2020 event and paid the registration can request a refund via email (email@example.com with email subject: "Registration payment request: complete name") or, if they wish, request the registration to the new event. In this case, the amount previously paid will be considered as payment of the new registration fee. Either way, we ask you to fill out the registration form again.
We kindly ask that the Brazilian residents pay the registration fee with as much antecedance as possible. To this end, please make a transfer to (Christian Olivera, Banco do Brasil Ag.: 7078-5, Account 42968-6) and then send us the transfer receipt by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (email subject: "Registration Payment: complete name"). Foreign participants may pay registration fee during the event.
R$300 for professors and postdocs
R$150 for students (Free for IMECC - Students)
Members of the Bernoulli Society have a reduced fee (by 20%). Please indicate this membership when sending the transfer receipt.
If for some reason, after you have registered, you need to cancel participation, please let us know as soon as possible.
Applications for funding will be accepted until May 1.
In order to allow mothers and fathers to participate, the organizing committee is considering childcare during the event. Please, if you are interested, complete the following QUIZ to survey possible users of the recreation / playground.
About financial support
We will support around 50 Brazilian students and 50 students from aboard will be financed with travels and daily expenses. Students participating in the two weeks of school will be prioritized
In order to register, please fill in the form below. Here is the list of registered peoples in september, 12th.
São Paulo Research Foundation – FAPESP – is an independent public foundation with the mission to foster research and the scientific and technological development of the State of São Paulo
Young Investigator Grant
Research, Innovation and Dissemination Centers
São Paulo School of Advanced Science
Research Internships Abroad
Visiting Researcher Grant
Fellowship Opportunities in São Paulo
Code of good scientific practice
Open Science @ FAPESP
Collaborative Research between Universities/Research Institutions & Companies
Global Climate Change
News and research
News from FAPESP
Research supported by FAPESP
Pesquisa FAPESP magazine