Last Friday was the last day of my course about LaTeX that I talk some days ago (see the post here.
Today was the second day of my course about LaTeX that I talk some days ago (see the post here.
Yesterday was the first day of my course about LaTeX that I talk some days ago (see the post here. Around 20 students had subscribed for the course but only 10 come for the first day.
This week I will be teaching LaTeX in the Scientific Meeting of Phd Students of IMECC (in portuguese “Encontro Científico dos Pós-Graduandos do IMECC”).
The course will be in October 16th, 17th and 18th with one 1:20 long each day. It will be a little different from my other LaTeX course (read about it here) and the schedule are:
- 1st day: find / -name '*tex*'
- Starting with words about the past, present and future of (La)TeX. After that some explanation about file formats/extensions and some of programs that are shipped in the LaTeX distribution.
- 2nd day: The preamble
- The preamble of LaTeX documents is where we call for the packages that make our work easier. Information about some popular packages will be given.
- 3nd day: amsmath, TikZ and BibTeX
- This are three of the most famous LaTeX packages. Some examples of use of this packages will be given.